The priority of Artesia Metals, Inc. is exceeding expectations. Excellence is not limited to the services we provide our customers, it extends to every aspect of our company. We take very seriously our responsibility to provide a safe environment for our employees as well as our customers.
Artesia Metals, Inc. takes a proactive approach to safety working to prevent accidents all together. Safety programs are a success because of our company-wide employee commitment and a strong corporate safety culture. Artesia Metals, Inc. creates an atmosphere that is environmentally safe from industrial as well as environmental hazards for our employees and customers.
Through our commitment for a safe workplace for all employees, Artesia Metals, Inc. has developed a program for injury prevention that involves management, supervisors, and employees identifying and eliminating hazards that could develop during our work process. Education and training are provided to all of our employees. They are required to comply with company safety policies. Our employees are encouraged to actively participate in identifying techniques to increase the overall health and safety of our company.
SAFETY FOR OUR CUSTOMERS
- Watch for heavy equipment.
- Follow directions from yard personnel.
- No passengers allowed in truck beds or on trailers.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- Watch out for heavy equipment.
- Make eye contact with the operator before moving around mobile equipment.
- >Only enter the unloading areas when instructed.
- Do not climb on or take material from scrap piles.
- Observe "No Smoking" and "Do Not Enter" signs in the plant.
- Watch out for pedestrians while driving (especially when backing up).
- Dress appropriately - wear sturdy shoes and use gloves to handle scrap.
Thank you for making our yard safe by following these guidelines.