HOW TO RECYCLE
Artesia Metals, Inc. is open to the public. Companies and individuals are welcome to "drop-in" and recycle all scrap metals. It is not necessary to make appointments or prior arrangements.
DROP-OFF RECYCLING HOURS
Monday - Friday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Please arrive 30 minutes before closing.
Our competitive pricing will bring you in, and your in-and-out experience will keep you coming back!
- When you arrive at Artesia Metals, you will see the wide open and clean driveway directing you to the scales. Our staff will weigh and grade your material. They will direct you where to take your scrap material. Our friendly and efficient personnel will greet you and assist with unloading. Our driving areas are kept clean so there is no concern for flat tires.
- After unloading your scrap, you will either be given a scale ticket for payment or asked to return to the scale to obtain your unloaded weight.
- Pull onto the scale to get the empty weight and when notified, pull off the scale.
- Park your vehicle and come to the pay window to receive payment for your materials. Artesia Metals requires a current driver's license or valid State issued photo I.D. and license plate number for payment.
- For current prices call (575) 746-2412 and ask for pricing or a buyer.
HOW TO SELL TO US
- Review What we buy / What we don't buy to learn about our specifications and to ensure that your material complies prior to entering our facility.
- Identification is required for sale of scrap metals - A current driver's license or valid State issued photo I.D. is required to receive payment.
FOR YOUR SAFETY
- Observe posted speed limits.
- Follow directions from yard personnel.
- No passengers allowed in truck beds or on trailers.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- Watch out for heavy equipment.
- Make eye contact with the operator before moving around mobile equipment.
- Only enter the unloading areas when instructed.
- Do not climb on or take material from scrap piles.
- Observe "No Smoking" and "Do Not Enter" signs in the plant.
- Watch out for pedestrians while driving (especially when backing up).
- Dress appropriately—wear sturdy shoes and use gloves to handle scrap.
Thank you for making our yards safer by following these guidelines.