The Legislature of the State of New Mexico requires proof of ownership for regulated materials. In order to sell any of the following items, proof of ownership will be required as well as an official government form of identification including a driver’s license, a military identification card, or passport issued by the United States. ID must have current U.S. address. Items requiring proof of ownership include:
- Aluminum material including aluminum beer keg (does not include aluminum cans)
- Bronze material including: Cemetery vase, receptacle or memorial made from bronze
- Bronze statuary
- Copper or brass material including: Insulated or non-insulated copper wire, hardware or cable of the type used by public utilities, commercial mobile radio service carrier or common carrier that consists of at least 25% copper
- Utility access cover*
- Water or gas meters and covers*
- Road or bridge guard rail*
- Highway sign or street sign*
- Traffic directional or control sign or signal*
- Catalytic converter that is not part of an entire motor vehicle
- Any railroad material including rail, spikes, tie plates, connectors, etc
* Artesia Metals can only purchase these items from a municipality or manufacturer with a manifest listing the type and number of each item they are selling.
Artesia Metals does not buy stolen materials. Identification is required for sale of scrap metals – please present a valid government ID to the buyer prior to unloading material. Copy of ID will be taken at time of payment.